The Short Version:
The Long Version:
- We care and we try hard to make it show.
- We only work with people we like.
- Despite our recommendations and standards, we cannot control the behavior of others. Use this site at your own risk, and don't blame us. However, give us a chance and we'll do our best to make things right.
- This is a community that is continually raising its standards. Please keep up, we don't want to lose you.
- The world changes fast, let's both try to keep things accurate.
- Carry insurance, mind your neighbors, observe the law - we are not your accountant, agent, or mom - and we don't live where you live.
- House concerts are private events. We expect you to keep it that way. Grow your circle of friends carefully, and diligently. Require RSVPs - no one shows up unannounced at a house concert, OK?
- Follow directions, be careful, have fun - not necessarily in that order.
(You probably won't read the whole thing, but please check the standards of conduct.)
By using the PrivateRecitals.com website, or any service of ListeningRoomNetwork and/or affiliates, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
We reserve the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. You understand and agree that PrivateRecitals.com cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
Our website is a selective community, meaning that we select members and may revoke membership at any time. For term-specific memberships, if we feel you are no longer a good fit for our community, we may decide not offer a renewal option when your term expires.
We've made the conscious decision to only work with people who are excited about our mission, our objectives, and view this organization and it's members as community - not just a tool for booking shows and growing an audience.
Standards of Conduct
Reasons for revoked or non-renewed memberships could include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to properly set up and update your profile at least a few times per year.
- Failure to respond to direct emails from PrivateRecitals.com.
- Spamming anyone at anytime. Never add someone to your mailing list without their express permission. If you aren't sure, ask.
- Risky or extremely inappropriate behavior by members of our community and failure to report those actions. We need to look out for each other. Events on this site happen in people's homes and we will not tolerate putting anyone's health, dignity or property at risk.
- Failure to meet the rising standards of performance and responsibility. We intend to push everyone to be great at what they do - hosts and artists alike. We will consistently expect the best of each other.
- Failure to meet the standards of "private events" which may be adjusted over time. House concerts are private events - hosts should expand their circle of friends with care and consistency.
Payment, Refunds, Cancellation Terms.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. PrivateRecitals.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We do not offer refunds unless you convince us we have not lived up to our stated terms.
- We do not offer refunds if we revoke your membership due to your violation of our standards of conduct.
- PrivateRecitals.com, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other affiliated service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. PrivateRecitals.com reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- PrivateRecitals.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the website itself.
- PrivateRecitals.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- All content posted on the Service is must comply with U.S. copyright law. Please review our copyright compliance policy.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- PrivateRecitals.com does not always pre-screen Content, but PrivateRecitals.com and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
Insurance and PROs (Performing Rights Organizations)
Please download our guide.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is available, but does not include rudimentary education of computer use.
- You understand that PrivateRecitals.com uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, PrivateRecitals.com, or any other PrivateRecitals.com service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by PrivateRecitals.com.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any PrivateRecitals.com customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 500 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by PrivateRecitals.com) of other LRN customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- PrivateRecitals.com does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that PrivateRecitals.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if PrivateRecitals.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of PrivateRecitals.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and PrivateRecitals.com and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and PrivateRecitals.com (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at ListeningRoomNetwork dot com.
OK. Now you can't say we didn't tell you. Go have a cookie. You earned it.